11/21/2009

Review of Casio Men's Waveceptor Solar Atomic Ana-Digi Sport Watch #WV430DJ-1

If you want a watch that's good looking and always dead-accurate to the split second without any adjustments, you won't go wrong with this one.
Here are a few observations:
It's lightweight. It weighs about half as much as the other watches I own with stainless steel wristbands, making it very comfortable to wear. The face is large with a simple clean design, making it easy to read. I do need my reading glasses for the digital display.
It's nice looking and goes with just about any kind of outfit from casual to dressy. I wouldn't wear it to the beach or with a tuxedo, but it looks pretty good with just about anything between those extremes. In the display photo, it appears to have a blue-gray face, mine is gray with a faint hint of violet rather than blue. When you look at it you basically see a gray face, but it's a warmer gray than it appears on the web. I think the real thing looks better than the picture.
It's pretty easy to set up. If you've ever set a digital watch, this isn't much different. The main difference is that you have to set the time zone you're in for the correct hour to be displayed. Once that's done, you don't have to worry about it again unless you are traveling and want to change it to different time zones. It's not a difficult procedure. One thing I really like a lot is the watch automatically resetting itself for daylight savings time! Twice a year I have to go through the tedious ritual of changing all of the clocks and watches around the house. It's nice having one wristwatch I don't have to touch. The radio controlled timekeeping works like a charm. The only potential drawback would be traveling outside the range limit of the atomic radio signal. If you are a U.S. customer, the signal range is nearly all of North America. Even if you are out of range, the watch should still keep pretty accurate time and you can always adjust it manually if you need to.
I like the idea of the battery being recharged by solar power. It doesn't require a whole lot of light to do the trick. The specifics are in the instructions. One example is five minutes of direct sunlight equals one full day of power consumption. I got this a couple of months ago during the dead of winter and I live in Minnesota, so it's dark most of the time and the watch is always covered by long sleeves when I'm wearing it. To keep the battery fully charged, I set it near a window instead of putting it in a drawer when I'm not wearing it. In the summer, normal exposure to sunlight with short sleeves when I'm out and about during the day should be more than enough light for a full charge. I should also mention that it will run for months on a full charge without additional light exposure. I'd like to say never having to replace the battery is a great feature, but to my knowledge there's no such thing as a battery with an infinite number of charge/discharge cycles. Assuming I keep and use this watch for many years to come, the battery will eventually wear out, lose it's ability to hold a charge and will have to be replaced. I'm hoping that will be a very, very long time from now.
To sum it up; the watch is no fuss, totally accurate, good looking and comfortable to wear. I can't say enough good things about it!




Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's Waveceptor Solar Atomic Ana-Digi Sport Watch #WV430DJ-1

No comments:

Post a Comment