2/06/2010

Review of Orient Men's Blue and Red Bezel Automatic Rubber Strap Dive Watch #CEM65003D

The Orient CEM65003D is another variation in the large, and popular, automatic day/date diver watch collection by Orient.I bought this model with the rubber strap, because I like to be able to easily adjust the fit of the watch on my wrist.The Orient band is okay, but I found it a little stiff, and replaced it with a 22mm woven nylon band.The original band was pretty long, and would easily fit over a wet suit - if I was a deep sea diver.(I'm a desk-bound computer weenie.)

I've been pleased with the accuracy of the CEM65003D.After a month of wear, I've found that mine's accurate to within about a minute a week.Mine runs slow.I set the time a minute ahead, and when the watch is a minute behind, a little more than two weeks later, I set it ahead again.In this way, I know that my watch is within a minute of the correct time.If you want a really accurate watch, you're probably ahead getting a quartz model, but there's something about a mechanical movement that appeals many watch wearers.

The controls of the CEM65003D are a bit odd.The watch has a screw-down crown, and a screw-down locking ring around the pusher button.The pusher button does nothing but advance the day name of the day/date display.Unlike most day/date watches sold in the United States, the day name abbreviations aren't bilingual.The day name advances two notches for each day, so they could be bilingual, but instead, the second day name is repeated in English with the day number after each - e.g. Mon1, Tue2, etc.

The CEM65003D is sometimes called the "Pepsi" model, because the rotating bezel is blue and red, and reminds users of a Pepse bottle cap.I just like the little flash of color.By the way, the dial is beautiful, with a deep blue dial that appears to be glazed, and nicely finished luminescent hour markers, and easily read hands





Click Here to see more reviews about: Orient Men's Blue and Red Bezel Automatic Rubber Strap Dive Watch #CEM65003D

No comments:

Post a Comment