10/15/2009

Review of Casio Men's G-Shock Atomic Multi-Band Watch #GW800-1AV

This watch does exactly what I want it to, tell me the exact time no matter where I am in the world.It is supposed to pick up the time signal in Europe, England, Japan, and America, but I have only tested the first two so far and it works fine.It features multiple (30 I think) time zones, including some +30 minute zones.There is no GMT zone, but I turned daylight saving time off for LISBON and use that in place of GMT.It has 5 alarms, which is 3 or 4 more than I can use, but nice to know they're there if I need them.Countdown timer only goes up to 59:59, I'd like to have one that counts longer than one hour.

As for the solar power and legendary G-shock toughness, only time will tell.

When I got this watch, it came on within a second of being exposed to light and all I had to do was set the time zone and I was ready to go with the exact and correct time.So far I'm very pleased with it and consider it essential travel gear.

Update: After having worn this for a few months, I'm still very happy with it.One thing I noticed was that outside the range of the atomic clock signal, it lost about 5 seconds a month.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's G-Shock Atomic Multi-Band Watch #GW800-1AV

No comments:

Post a Comment