10/23/2009

Review of Casio Men's Pathfinder Multi-Band Solar Atomic Green Watch #PAW1300-3V

I have owned two Casio G-shock watches over a span exceeding a decade.I always liked the G-shock, but alas the viewing light recently stopped working and it was time to try something with a few more features.After quite a bit of searching I settled on the Pathfinder (model PAW 1300 - 3v) and I believe I made the correct personal choice.

Before actually receiving the watch from Amazon I was definitely concerned about the overall size of this watch.From my research I was half afraid I would end up with a geeky watch the size of a dinner plate on my wrist. Moreover, I don't have a big wrist to begin with so this was a real concern.I was pleasantly surprised that although slightly larger in circumference than a standard watch, this watch was not nearly as large as I had imagined.In fact, the difference between this model (1300) and the previous model (1200) is the size.The 1200 is nearly identical in features but is quite a bit thicker than the newer 1300 model.This Pathfinder sits nicely on my wrist and does not look unusual.

Practically speaking, this watch has a lot of nice features that I like, such as the compass, the automatic display light, atomic synchronization, and the solar power to note a few.While I would easily purchase this watch again, I might consider the model with the metal band.I say this because somehow with the price of this watch I was expecting it to have a bit more panache to it, if that makes any sense.This watch is fairly light weight and somehow looks characteristically similar to a lot of other pedestrian plastic-band watches out there.That may be fine for people who want just a plainish looking watch, but somehow the metal band version might look a bit nicer, although perhaps not as ruggedly practical.

I haven't had this watch long enough to judge its overall durability, but if my former G-shock watches are any indication, this Pathfinder should hold up just fine.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's Pathfinder Multi-Band Solar Atomic Green Watch #PAW1300-3V

No comments:

Post a Comment