10/10/2009

Review of Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Flexible Band Stainless Steel Watch #BM8450-94A

The solar-powered feature, if it lasts (it's a new idea), was a plus. The case diameter is larger than "classical," that is, it's 37 mm I think. So if you like the smaller, more traditional size just beware. There were two disappointments. First and foremost, the photo, both here in Amazon and on the Princeton Watches site where I bought it (couldn't find it on the Citizen's site [?]), suggest the watch is of a bright Silver color, and kind of classy, as I saw it. Not true. It is more of a (steel) nickel color. Secondly, the watch case is on the thick side, if you were hoping for slim. Again the photos don't help here. As I said, I like the solar angle, but I keep wishing I'd bought the blue-faced, Seiko w/ the flexible band, even it meant paying the local jewelry shop owner too much for a second-rate battery in a couple of years. Still, I think I'll keep it for $112.50, partly because it's a pain sending it back, and partly as an experiment in solar power.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Flexible Band Stainless Steel Watch #BM8450-94A

No comments:

Post a Comment