10/20/2009

Review of Invicta Women's Baby Lupah Diver Metallic Watch with Interchangeable Band Set #5067

This watch isn't going to be a great office-work watch or ideal for a nice night out.But for any other day it'll match whatever you have in your closet - the interchangeable bands will guarantee that.

The previous reviewer who gave this watch the lowest rating didn't review the manual - the interchangeable bands don't require any tool, just a little bit of fingernail strength, and jimmying it around a little.The first time I switched bands it took under a minute.The leather is quite stiff when you put any of the bands on for the first time so I'd suggest rolling both straps and bending them gently first beforehand to soften them up.Already the two bands I've worn have relaxed and the watch is quite comfortable to wear.

Previous to this, I have only owned skinny-banded tiny-faced dress watches, and I wanted to mix it up for a changeFor sure, the first day of wearing took a little adjustment, because this is not a small or superlight watch.It's quite chunky, with a large face, but I love the unapologetic size of it.I have a 5.5 inch wrist and was worried that this watch wouldn't fit small enough (my biggest gripe with my old watch was that even at the tightest setting, the watch face would always end up on the inside of my wrist, necessitating adjustment every time I glanced to check the time).This watch fits perfectly on the smallest setting, not flush against my skin but tight enough so that it won't flip over with normal movement.

The straps that come with the watch are not entirely as pictured; they are less brassy and bold, and more muted metallics in person.When buying this from Amazon, I didn't think I would ever use the copper tone, but it in person is more of a peachy-pink gold that is just gorgeous and matches about anything.The grey strap is also quite versatile, pale with hints of light violet.And of course, the silver and gold will also help to match whatever other jewelry you choose to wear.

The face is a gleaming white, which when moved in the light catches the mother-of-pearl sheen and hints of color.The numbers are large to match the case size instead of being dwarfed by it.The hands glow in the dark at night - though the numbers don't, it's simple enough to guess what the time is with the hands alone.

I can't recommend this highly enough.I love the look of it, and you can tell that it's a very well made high quality watch that will last for years.At Amazon's low price, I wouldn't hesitate as it's so far below retail (although I suspect retail might be a *tad* inflated...).Regardless, it's a beautiful watch and a versatile accessory.My only gripe is that although it is a "diver's" watch that can withstand 330ft of water depth, the leather straps, I'm guessing, are not waterproof and thus this defeats the purpose of having to see "300 METERS (330 ft)" on the bottom of the face of the watch forever.But that's just a nitpicky thing that bothers me just because I find it slightly contradictory for a waterproof watch to be on leather straps.As someone who is used to wearing their watch into and out of the shower daily for assumed water resistance, this watch may end up not being my "everyday" one because of the inconvenience of having to take it on and off so often for fear of damaging the leather.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Invicta Women's Baby Lupah Diver Metallic Watch with Interchangeable Band Set #5067

No comments:

Post a Comment