10/02/2009

Review of Casio Men's G-Shock MT-G Multi-Band Solar Atomic Chronograph Watch #MTG1000-9

Love this watch.
Good points:
- Solar and radio sync'ed with time signal, no problem syncing every night, just have to make sure I point it west (I live in San Antonio, TX).When I am where I'm not sure where the transmitter is, I wear it to sleep, and looks like I move around enough that it eventually succeeds syncing.No problem syncing in California, Texas, Poland, Holland.I'm going to Asia in a month, we'll see.
- Switching to a different time zone is easy, if a bit long due to the time zone selecton only going one direction - going from west to east is easy, east to west requires sweeping the whole globe, and if you don't push the button fast enough you have to wait until the needle sweeps.They should have programmed another button to sweep in reverse
- As a "set and forget", this is genius.Keeps the time on the nose (with sync every night, unbeatable precision), never have to wind, no battery to change (had several waterproof watches with batteries, waterproofing dies at 2nd battery change), autmatically changes date regardless of month, changes to Daylight saving.
- Tried stopwatch and down counter, they work but I don't use them much.
- Not the least, looks cool with big dial and 3 sub-dials, with metal bracelet with composite inserts. Clasp is easy to put in, and secure with the 2 buttons you need to grasp to unhook.Much better than pure friction clasp, had a few of those and they keep on unhooking by themselves.
Bad:
- Casio lost a good opportunity, would have preferred the 24 hours needle to show home time while I'm traveling - checked with customer service, not possible.
- The seconds hand is actually in the small, lower dial, the big seconds hand is actually a function indicator, takes a while to get used to it.
- Some times I accidently hit a button and put it into stopwatch mode, takes a few seconds to realize it when I consult the time, another "get used to it" thing.

Overall, the best watch I ever had.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's G-Shock MT-G Multi-Band Solar Atomic Chronograph Watch #MTG1000-9

No comments:

Post a Comment